Friday, October 3, 2014

Letters from our Heavenly Father



Letters are really important to missionaries. Even President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "My heart goes out to the missionary who does not receive regular mail from home" (Sustaining Missionaries Through Letters). I love getting letters; it reminds me that people care about what I'm going through.

Just like notes from my family support and encourage me, messages from God can sustain us. Elder Uchtdorf shared this a few days ago: "Heavenly Father is constantly raining blessings down upon us" (Facebook). The Lord Himself has said, "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me" (1 Nephi 21:16). The word of God will guide us, and "letters" from Heavenly home are arriving every day--as long as we'll take the time to open them up.

1 comment: