Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Judges at Brentville Courthouse


The Brentsville Courthouse is a historic courthouse (built 1822) that over a million dollars has gone into restoring. It's a two-story, Federal style brick building that was used until the Prince William County seat was moved to Manassas in 1890.

Our tour guide told me and my companion some wild stories while he took us through the building; some of the cases tried here in the 19th century were completely unfair. Other cases seemed like the stuff of novels.

This made my mind turn to our perfect judge: Jesus Christ. The ways of God are different than the ways of man; "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:9). I am so grateful!

We can count on Christ to be the perfect judge. Christ has been called "the righteous judge" (2 Tim 4:8), the "judge of quick and dead" (Acts 10:42), our "advocate with the Father" (1 John 2:1), and many other names which lead me to trust Him completely (Names of Christ).

No comments:

Post a Comment