Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Washington D.C. Temple

People frequently comment that they've seen the Washington D.C. temple of the LDS (nickname Mormon) faith from the Beltway. I'm always happy that they've noticed; it truly is the great symbol of our membership, and a great symbol of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father's love.
"I express my undying gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the temple now being built in Rome and for all of our temples, wherever they are. Each one stands as a beacon to the world, an expression of our testimony that God, our Eternal Father, lives, that He desires to bless us and, indeed, to bless His sons and daughters of all generations. Each of our temples is an expression of our testimony that life beyond the grave is as real and as certain as is our life here on earth. I so testify."
-- President Thomas S. Monson (The Holy Temple)

No comments:

Post a Comment